Sunday, June 12, 2011

Final Update

Ben posted the information below on his facebook page. Given that some of you readers don't have facebook, I decided to post it here. Enjoy his final post before the end of his epic journey!

"I made it through the Whites and southern Maine which were definitely some challenging sections of trail, but also some of the most beautiful. I am headed into the 100 mile wilderness tomorrow and will be camping at the foot of Katahdin on Saturday! It's bitter sweet to see the end of this adventure but i miss family and friends and my body is pretty exhausted so I can't wait to come home. The SOBOS (Southbounders) we have been passing are covered in bug bites so i know some challenges lie ahead with the mosquitos and the black flies. Lord willing I will have the endurance to make it the rest of the way. The final 114.5 miles of my journey starts tomorrow which will include some pretty remote wilderness so i am very excited. My family will be coming up to pick me up and to hike the last 5 miles up Katahdin with me in just one week! Thanks everybody again for your continued prayers and support, I pray and think about you often and can't wait to see you when I'm home."

No comments:

Post a Comment