Friday, February 18, 2011

Saying Goodbyes

After a trip to Athens to say goodbye to friends and then a send off visit with my bike shop at sweetwater brewery(which is amazing) and taco mac, the realization that I will be leaving everything for the next 5 months of my life is starting to hit me.  It's exciting and a bit hard to grasp at the same time.  I can't say I've ever been away from Georgia for 5 months by myself so trying to predict how I will handle the seclusion of the trip is impossible.  Hopefully I won't end up a half crazed mountain man when I come off the trail haha.  In all that time that I will have to pray and meditate on life, I hope to learn something about who I am, about where the Lord is leading me, and what purposes he has for me.  I hope to grow intimately closer to him and to grow in my faith in the Spirit living through me.  I know God will change me on this trip and I'm thankful that he will be with me every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment