Thursday, March 3, 2011

N.C. and beyond

Ben has left the great state of Georgia for the mountains of North Carolina.  Yesterday evening my mom and dad met Ben at Dick's Creek Gap near the GA/N.C. border to camp and to take Ben some supplies and food.  According to my parents, Ben was really tired for his first few days of hiking.  The big storm on Monday followed by a cold, wet, windy, sleepless night in a shelter full of mice really took it out of him.  However, he's quite quickly getting used to life on the trail.  Although Ben may be holding up well, his sleeping bag isn't.  His current bag is rated at 30 degrees and just isn't making the cut.  My mom and I are trying to get him a bag rated between 0 & 20 before he hits the Smokeys and it gets really cold.  I've attached some pictures of my parents' trek with him. 

Ben ate two cheeseburgers and a Blizzard.


The Easter Bunny came early!

Bly Gap is right on the GA/N.C. border.

On he goes!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Walk on brother. Did I catch that he is carrying a spot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go man! Hope you don't freeze....

    ReplyDelete